Muffins are simple and delicious, but they don’t have to be just a breakfast treat. Or sweet, for that matter – these cheesy muffins with jalapeños pack in tasty flavor and make for the perfect snack or side at any meal. Enjoy!
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek-style yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ to ½ cup sliced pickled jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canned french-fried onions, or fried diced onions
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease each muffin cup of a mini-muffin pan. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until they’re thoroughly combined. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling them until they’re nearly full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. Remove the muffins from the oven, and let them cool for 5 minutes to firm before removing them from the pan. Makes about 24 mini muffins.