Where were you in 1986? Raising a family? Starting your career? Still in school? Only a glimmer in your parents’ eyes? No matter what your age is, thirty years is a long time, and 1986 was a long time ago!
Don’t believe me? See if you remember these pop-culture references from 30 years ago…
- Bobby Ewing came out of the shower, alive, in the TV show Dallas.
- The Chicago Bears won the Super Bowl and celebrated with The Super Bowl Shuffle.
- Millions of Americans created a human chain participating in Hands Across America.
- Platoon won the Best Picture Oscar, but Tom Cruise was flying high as a Top Gun.
- Aerosmith and Run DMC mixed rock and hip hop with Walk This Way.
- Camcorders became common at every family reunion and school recital.
- “Pork. The other white meat” campaign was launched by the National Pork Board.
- A teacher created the first ‘American Girl’ doll.
- Sadly, the Space Shuttle Challenger blew up 73 seconds after take-off, killing all 7 crew members.
- The average cost of a new house was $89,430; a gallon of gas was $0.89; and a Ford Mustang was $7,452.
PrimeLending Opened Our Doors 30 Years Ago!
The founders of PrimeLending remember exactly where they were in 1986 – a staff of 20 people based in Dallas and working together to deliver the best home loan experience in the industry. Today, we have more than 2,500 employees throughout the country and have helped more than 500,000 families achieve their homeownerships goals. Over the years, we’ve experienced countless innovations and changes – the emergence of smart phones and mobile apps, more stringent federal regulations, changing perceptions about traditional banks to name just a few. But the most important things remained the same, like integrity is priceless, personal service makes a difference and Americans still dream of owning a home.
To all our many customers, business partners and employees who have been a part of our story to date, we thank you for contributing to our longevity. We plan to celebrate our anniversary all year long with interesting looks back and exciting opportunities to plan for the future. We are excited for what the next 30 years will bring and we look forward to continuing to play a role as families put down roots and make dreams come true through homeownership.